June 15, 2019
$10.00 per dog for 1 race or event
$18.00 per dog for any 2 races or events
$25.00 for any 3 races or events
Only FOUR Dogs will race at a time!
Every dog needs a human to release them and a human to catch them.
"Adult Doxie Races" 35 feet, adult Doxies 1-8 years old, under 15 pounds "mini", 16 pounds+ "standard"
"Puppy Races" 20 feet, Doxies/Mixed Doxies 3-11 months old
"Senior Races" 20 feet, Doxies/Mixed Doxies 9 years old+
"Mixed Doxie Races" 35 feet, adult Mixed Doxies 1-8 years old
"Skippy's Wheelie Races" 35 feet, any Doxies/Mixed Doxies on wheels by their own power
"Non Doxie Races" 35 feet in length, adult dogs under 30 pounds who are not Doxies
"Handicapped Races" 20 feet, adult dogs under 30 pounds who are blind, deaf or 2 legged. Handicapped Races may use any motivational tools as needed
Owners may use dog's favorite toy, ball,
treat or other motivational tools as needed to encourage their dog to cross the finish line.
Throwing balls/toys, laser lights or shinning lights down the track is NOT allowed.
Free Doggie Weddings and Free Doggie Talent Contest
"Best Dressed Female" best costume on a female Doxie/Mixed Doxie
"Best Dressed Male" best costume on a male Doxie/Mixed Doxie
"Best Look A-Like" best Look-A-Likes, Doxie/Doxie Mix and their human. Imaginative and creative costumes are strongly encouraged!
"Best Theme Group" best theme costumes, must include Doxie/Mixed Doxie (humans/non doxies can be included)
Size & Age Contests
Must be Purebred Doxies and at least 1 year old or older.
"Smallest" the Smallest Doxie by weight
"Longest" the Longest Doxie from the tip of the nose to the tip of the tail
"Oldest" the Oldest Doxie in attendance
Must be Purebred Doxies and at least 1 year old or older.
"Best Short Coat" Best Doxie Short Coat
"Best Long Coat" Best Doxie Long Coat
"Best Wire Coat" Best Doxie Wire Coat
The following will also be awarded from the above entries.
"Best Coat Pattern" Best Doxie Coat Pattern
"Best Coat Color" Best Doxie Coat Color
"Best Coat Over All" the best coat of all the entries
Nose & Obstacle
"Fastest Nose" fastest Doxie/Mixed Doxie who can find a treat using their nose
"Obstacle Course" fastest Doxie/Mixed Doxie to go through an obstacle course
If everyone follows the rules, all are assured a great time!
* Must be a Doxie, Mixed Doxie, or under 30 pound non-doxie to enter the races.
* Each Dog entered in the races must have proof of up to date Rabies, Distemper, and Parvo Vaccinations or letter from Vet.
* Each Dog in race events must be accompanied by 2 humans, ONE human to release Dog from the start gate and ONE human to catch Dog at the finish line.
* There is a clear, acrylic starting gate and Dogs must cross finish line completey.
* Owners can have Dog's favorite TOY or TREAT behind the finish line to help motivate them during the race. Laser lights or shinning lights down the track is NOT allowed. NO throwing balls down the track. Handicapped Races may use any motivational tools as needed.
* All Dogs must be registered, 30 minutes prior to their race time. Names/numbers for each heat will only be called twice.
* All Judges’ rulings are final!!
* Georgia Dachshund Races will NOT tolerate anyone arguing with the judges, officials, or event coordinators in any way! You will be removed from the event
should any such argument occur.
* Any dog that is injured before a race starts or during a race must be checked by a vet before continuing to race.
* Absolutely no smoking, alcohol, drugs, or weapons of any type of material allowed.
* Absolutely no political campaigning of any sorts allowed.
* Absolutely no selling of puppies or adult dogs of any breeds.
* All dogs must be on a 6 foot or shorter leash.
* All breeds of dogs are welcome to attend the events. They must be well socialized and accustomed to being around other dogs for everyone's safety.
* ALL dogs must have current tags on them!!
* Any dog that bites another dog, person or handler will not be permitted at the races.
* All creatures great and small shall clean up after themselves.
* All creatures great and small shall have the opportunity to enjoy themselves.
Georgia Dachshund Races 2019 Official Entry Form
(submit forms and pay at bottom of page)
REGISTER TODAY!! AVOID LONG LINES!!
You can sign up the day of the races, BUT you will be put on a waiting list for an open heat.
The Georgia Dachshund Races cannot guarantee that there will be a heat open for your Dachshund to be placed in.
Questions call 770-934-2853. Happy Racing!
IN CONSIDERATION OF MY PARTICIPATION IN THE NATIONAL DACHSHUND RACES, I HEREBY WAVE THE NATIONAL DACHSHUND RACES, ALL SPONSORS, VENDORS AND COMPETITORS FOR DAMAGES OR INJURIES TO MYSELF AND/OR MY DOXIE(S) DURING ALL EVENTS. I WILL ALSO
PERMIT FREE USE OF PICTURE(S) IN BROADCASTS, NEWSLETTERS, WEBSITES OR ANY APPROPRIATE MEDIUM.
(required) OWNER INFORMATION (required) VET INFORMATION
Click at bottom of page to Pay and Submit Forms Required of All Dog Participates
RACES/EVENTS ENTRY FORM
$10.00 per race or event, $18.00 for any 2 races or events or $25.00 for any 3 races or events
PLEASE HAVE COPY OF SHOT RECORDS WITH YOU
**FREE DOGGIE WEDDING**
**FREE DOGGIE TALENT CONTEST**
MORE THAN 3 DOGS ENTERING? SUBMIT NEW FORM WITH OWNER NAME ONLY
If you enter RACE EVENTS on the day of the races, you will be put on a waiting list and not guaranteed
a heat will open for your Dog to be placed in. FOUR dogs will race at a time.
Click below to send information and entry forms.
To add a fourth or more dog, come back to this page and fill in owner's first and last name and the information for the dog(s).
You can pay once for all dogs.
(Please remember how many total events or races you signed up for)
Click below to add the number of races and special events to shopping cart.
You can pay on line with credit card or PayPal.
Enter as many events or races as you want, just keep adding races or events!
Check "Current Entries" page for conformation
Georgia Dachshund Races
2852 Umberland Drive
Atlanta, GA 30340